Frequently Asked Questions


Where do you conduct training?

We conduct the SES rating, and LSA SES endorsement in Missouri, from KSET, Smartt Field, landing on the Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois rivers. We also offer the SES Courses in sunny Lakeland Florida. 

Can I bring my family?

Absolutely! Flying Fish is a family business. 

Do I need a pilot's license?


To add the SES rating you need a license, private or commercial. It is basically the same checkride for both and focuses on seaplane differences. 

No license is needed for the Splash 'N' Go intro flights. Everyone is welcome. 

What kind of plane do you train in?

We are training in the worlds leading Light Sport amphibian, the Searey. 

It is a factory built SLSA.

Does the checkride cover anything other than float flying?

Nope! The checkride is over single engine seaplane operations.

Checkride 101 still applies, and should you open the door to standard knowledge areas they are fair game for the examiner. 

Any other questions?

We would love to hear from you. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback we welcome it! Please drop us a line or call. 

Thank you!

Drop us a line